This is a continuation on a theme. Documenting what you plan to do is an important part of making the intentions stick though. 2015 is a year to put into action all of those intentions and embrace who I am becoming. It is time to start living my life again. So, what does that mean? What do I want to accomplish in my year?
We all have things we want to do. I am no exception. I wrote a list that seemed a mile long. I know that I can’t do all of it in one year. So here are my top 5 for 2015.
1. To Find a Better Job – Yes, I enjoy my job at the store but, I have to face facts. I’m a single girl. I want a place of my own again. I can’t sustain myself on a part time job. So, finding something with better pay and full time benefits is a priority for this year. Hopefully I’ll be able to enjoy what I do but that also leads me to the next goal.
2. Going Back To School – After much thought over the last couple years, I made the decision to go back to school. Yes, it could be tricky financially. But, I’ve already filed my preliminary financial aid applications and I’m working on getting the applications to my chosen school done. There are a few obstacles to overcome so this one can happen. I’m putting it down because it is an important one to me.
3. Participate In A 5K Race – I may only be able to walk it this year because of how out of shape I am but, I want to do this one. It is high time I find something active that I enjoy doing. There are two Color Up 5Ks happening locally. And there is always the option of participating in one in Shreveport or Dallas as well. I start training and keep it up this year. Hopefully I’ll be able to tick this one of in May.
4. Take At Least Four Weekend Trips – I’ve always enjoyed traveling. Road trips are the spice of life and now that I have a decent car, it is time to start thinking seriously about exploring my surroundings more. There is so much in Texas that I haven’t seen. There are also things in Louisiana that I’ve not seen. There are museums, historical sites, and attractions to take in. Renaissance Festivals, Zoos, Aquariums, and I’ve never been to a casino. Margaritaville is calling my name. It is time to have some fun.
5. To Complete The Artist’s Way Complete Program – I’ve already completed the first book several times over. Julia Cameron’s work is a real inspiration for anyone who is creative. While I was in Wisconsin, I purchased an all in one version of the program. I haven’t really committed to it. But, I am this year. I’ve already started working on it. And I’m sure that it is going to lead to some inspiration for posts here.
Those are my top five. There are many more on my big list. What goals are on your list for this year?