The fact that I purchased a new car for myself to celebrate Christmas and my birthday was more practical than anything. It hasn’t been a bad gift for myself though. Lord knows, I have worked my butt off trying to get my life on a more normal and livable path. That new car has done wonders for me. The get up and go factor has been a nice addition. It is comfortable and I don’t have to worry about it breaking down if I decide to go somewhere. Yes, it is a big addition to my life. It was worth all the effort and I’m still excited. I could argue that I got my Christmas early. But, what else was on my wish list?
1. A NEW LAPTOP – My exes were addicted to porn. Trying to be nice when their computers were on the fritz, I allowed them to use my computer to check email and so forth. That’s only part of what they did. Now the computer I work on is sluggish, and I cannot see m to clear all the clutter and malware off of it. For me, starting over with a clean slate would be ideal. It is something that will happen sooner or later. But, the new machine was on my wish list for Christmas.
2. A CAMERA & CAMCORDER – I enjoy putting pictures with the blog. I’d love to be able to use my own photos more often but, I need a better camera. And I want to start something new in a Youtube channel. So I need a decent camera for that as well.
3. THE ERIN CONDREN LIFE PLANNER – 2015 is going to be a busy year for me. I have so many goals. I’ve learned to live with my personal planer. There is no reason this tool can’t be something stylish and fun though. I love the Erin Condren line because it is so practical and fashionable. I started to get it for myself back in July. But I was urged to wait so that people would have things to buy for my birthday and Christmas. We’ll see if I get it. If not, this will be a mid-year purchase for me.
4. A FOUNTAIN PEN – Every writer works long hand at some point. If you ever do any serious writing you’ll know the frustration of using a bad ballpoint pen to work with. I’ve become fascinated with fountain pens. I got a taste of using one at the release of my book THE FALLEN. I would still be using it if it weren’t for the fact that I’m not able to find any refill cartridges for this particular brand. So, I would like to have a nice one with a good supply of ink and the ability to refill it often. I am doing more by hand with the job and it would be nice.
5. A NEW SMASHBOOK – This Smashbook phenomena is something that I love. It’s like a scrapbook and journal all in one but it isn’t as formal. Now, I love to do this and it is a great way to document the year’s events. So, I’m excited to get a new one for 2015.
6. GIFTCARDS – I’m in need of new clothes and new reading material so gift cards to shops like Barnes & Noble, Avenue (my go-to clothing), Catherine’s, Lane Bryant, or even just the generic Visa ones or Walmart would be nice this year. I could get some things that I need and pick them out. Besides, shopping is always fun.
My list isn’t that long. And there isn’t really anything on it that I can’t get myself over the course of the year. But it’s almost time to open presents. So we’ll see what I get from the list.